Dear PBSA Managers, Coaches, Parents and Players,
Its's that time again to start preparing for our Spring Season. This season we offer multiple levels of play from Tee Ball to Competitive Baseball & Softball teams and we brought back our Challengers division. Below is some useful information regarding the upcoming season.
- Spring 2017 registration will opened the week of October 26th.
- Player Try-outs are held Saturday, January 14th, 21st, and 28th. All players 7 - 16 MUST attend at least one try-out session, (All players make a team). Players 3 - 6 years of ages do NOT need to try-out.
- Our spring season will begin Saturday, March 4th and will run for twelve weeks, ending Saturday, June 3rd.
- Team practices will begin Saturday, February 4th be held at 1-2 days a week; All games schedules will be available the week of March 1st.
- Tee Ball Division (3 / 4 yrs olds) - The fee for this program is $99. After January 28th, there will be late fee of $25 for a tuition total of $124. This price includes: jersey, hat, pants, socks and team equipment.
- Coach/Machine Pitch -CoEd Division (5 / 6 yrs olds) - The fee for this program is $120. After January 28th, there will be late fee of $25 for a tuition total of $145. This price includes: jersey, hat, socks and team equipment. **PANTS NOT INCLUDED** (CoEd should purchase GREY pants)
- Coach Pitch - Softball Division (4/5/ 6 yrs olds) - The fee for this program is $120. After January 28th, there will be late fee of $25 for a tuition total of $145. This price includes: jersey, hat, socks and team equipment. **PANTS NOT INCLUDED** (Girls should purchase BLACK pants)
- Competitive Divisions (7 - 16 years old) The fee for this program is $150. After January 28th, there will be late fee of $25 for a tuition total of $175. This price includes: jersey, hat, training, umpire fees, and team equipment. **PANTS NOT INCLUDED** (Boys should purchase GREY pants, and Girls should purchase BLACK pants)
- Challengers Division (4-18 yrs olds) - The fee for this program is FREE. This price includes: jersey, hat, pants, socks and team equipment.
- Volunteer Fee: Each Family (players) are responsible to participate in one fund-raiser. Families that do NOT participate will be charged a $50 volunteer fee. This fee MUST be paid by April 15th, any family that has not paid the fee bay April 15th will not be permitted to participate in league events (i.e. Family Apprecation Day, Closing Day Ceremony, Tournment play, All Star selection, etc) until the fee is paid or fund-raising or volunteer hours have been completed.
- Players should select the division they will play in the upcoming 2017 Spring Season.
- For our competitive divisions we will schedule games for both PONY, and Little League in surrounding area. We will have better insight once registration is complete. We are in early talks with these leagues, and all towns are interested but Inter-League play will not be confirmed until mid-February. Tee-Ball and Coach Pitch teams will play in-house games, excluding Softball Coach Pitch teams will inter-league.
- Go to the Registration page to sign up!
I look forward to seeing all players on the fields this spring. If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pittsburg Baseball Softball Association
Team Managers, Coaches & Asst Coaches - if you are interested in being a Team Manager, Coach or Asst Coach please complete the Coaches Application before December 15th at which time we will start selecting our coaches.
Are you interested in becoming PBSA manager or coach?
PBSA is looking for volunteers to manage and coach teams for the upcoming season. Volunteers are not required to have previous experience, but must possess the willingness to learn as well as teach. HAVE FUN and operate within all PBSA rules and regulations.
All managers and coaches must undergo the following steps before becoming a manager or coach:
Complete the Manager/Coach Application
Complete 2017 Volunteer Application
Panel Interview with the PBSA Competition Committee
Attend preseason and in-season training
To submit an application, click here.
For more information or assistance with questions regarding becoming a manager and/or coach, please contact us at:
Email: email@example.com; Phone: 925.276.2275
Contact: Jerry Johnson or Charassa Johnson
- Minimum age: League Age 12 (Age 12 before May 1, 2015) (check with your league for age exceptions)
- Sign Up: Sign up via email (see below) by Saturday, January 28th. Please email with following information: Name, email address, league, yrs umpire experience, age (if junior umpire), and highest level of baseball/softball experience (e.g., AAA, Majors, etc).
- Clinic: TBD, in the month of Feb. Training will be held at Pittsburg City Park. Please arrive 15 minutes early to check in. Wear comfortable clothing/hat and bring water.
For more information or assistance with questions regarding becoming a umpire, please contact us at:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone: 925.276.2275
Contact: Norm Downing at email@example.com or Jerry Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tryouts are required for our competitive divisions, league ages 7 - 16 yrs old. All players league ages 7 - 16 yrs old MUST attend a minimum of one tryout sessions on January 14th, 21st, or 28th.
Note: If your player is trying out for a high school team, we will host an additional tryout session for those player, post high school tryouts.
Anyone who registers after January 28th will be wait-listed.
Try-outs Schedule: Saturday January 14th,21th, & 28th
- 7/8: Try-Out Dates Check In 9:15am BB: Davi 1 / SB: Davi 2
- 9/10: Try-Out Dates Check In 10:15am BB: Davi 1 / SB: Davi 2
- 11/12: Try-Out Dates Check In 11:15am BB: Davi 1 / SB: Davi 2
- 13/16: Try-Out Dates Check In 9:45am BB: CP3 / SB: CP2
For our lower divisions, (3-6 yrs olds) T-Ball and Coach/Machine Pitch, registration will close on January 28th. There are NO Try-Out sessions for these divisions. Anyone who registers after January 28th is placed on our wait-list, and added to a team as space becomes available.
By registering on time, your player secure your spot on one of our teams, we secure playing fields and coaches.